Friday, September 25, 2020

Friday Matinee: How to be an Effective Blended Teacher


Good afternoon!  It's almost the weekend and time for the Friday Matinee.  This week I'm sharing a video with you that is focused on K-12, but there's a lot of great ideas for teaching effectively in a hybrid learning environment.  I suggest that you watch at least the first half of the video.


Emma Pass, the presenter on this webinar, is currently writing a book called The Hybrid Teacher and she's shared a lot of information in a PDF with excerpts from the book. 

She mentions several of the Google tools that she uses with her students, but she also uses PadletFlipgrid (which was actually developed for higher ed), and Parlay.  Each of these are great tools for teaching remotelly.  I've never used Parlay and found this blog post as a great place to get started with it.

This is one of the premier edtech conferences to attend and this year it is virtual and FREE.  I highly suggest that you register and try to attend just one session a day.  I think you'll find that your mind will be blown! 🤯

❓ Another resource I thought I would share is from Jake Miller and is a collection of technology tutorial links for teachers with another collection for students and parents.  

No comments:

Post a Comment